AI Pre-Accelerator for Early-Stage Deep Tech Startups
Call closed. Thank you for your applications!
On Tuesday, October 6 we announce selected startups.
* We have received over 70 applications from 9 countries. Due to the high quality of applications, we have decided to accept 10 startups instead of 8 into the program. Moreover, we will put together a support-scheme for those that have not been selected as we really value the efforts and great ideas shared with us. Each startup, selected or not, will be contacted by us to plan the next steps.
🔥 Room for up to 8 AI Startups. Up to €50,000 Pre-Seed via a convertible note by GapMinder. 3 x Techcelerator spots. Program Perks. 30+ AI Mentors. 8-weeks Program for RO and CEE AI Startups.
As AI moves from research labs to a general purpose technology, the technology’s impact on society will accelerate. We’re looking for those ideas, teams or startups that can, with the use of AI, make a real progress and positive impact in solving a problem of our times. We’re focused on Romania and CEE, but we accept anyone that can work online, in a CET timezone.
What is an AI Pre-Accelerator?
A program focused on early stage startups / ideas looking to infuse AI and taking them from concept to MVP.
Mission: Help validate/invalidate ideas towards bootstrap, and make seed investment/accelerator readiness for AI-fueled Startups.
Why an AI Pre-Accelerator by Bucharest AI?
AI-focused Pre-Accelerators help grow AI-startups ecosystems. As Bucharest AI’s mission is to shape tomorrow through AI by enabling people to apply artificial intelligence, opening the doors to its first AI Pre-Accelerator ‘BeAI’ is a natural step forward. Below, some 9 useful facts about the BeAI Program:
- Program is fully remote.
- Applications accepted online by 9pm CET, 30th Sept, 2020.
- Teams/Startups or ideas that are submitted early have a small advantage as we have more time to read the applications. You can submit after the deadline too, though we cannot guarantee the exact date when you’ll hear back from us or a spot in this 1st cohort.
- On Oct 1st, startups/teams that applied will hear back from us and get invited to join the Program for a 8-weeks AI journey.
- Mentorship sessions happen 1st week of Oct, respectively 1st week of Nov. Prepare to get the best from the top-line 30 Mentors of the Program.
- Every week or two we talk about how the Program is progressing both with everyone involved as well as sharing with our community.
- On Dec 8th we organize an event for Pitch & Demo Day at which startups present to a selected, invite-only online audience and Jury.
- Then it’s only: Bootstrap, seed-investment or acceleration ahead.
- #BeAI Pre-Accelerator doesn’t really end on Dec 8th, 2020. We continue to give 1:1 advice, introductions and help to the AI startups that need it. And so will our network of investors, mentors, and partners.
What does it do?
- Match seasoned AI mentors with ideas and startups.
- Educate from a-z on concepts, processes, experimentation, and discipline.
- Guide on customer validation, product, marketing, development, pitch, AI regulations, founders mental strength and more.
- Prepare Applicants to attract seed-investment or attention.
- All within an AI context.
Who should apply?
- 👍 16+ years
- Looking to disrupt old thinking
- Aware that ideas are everywhere, the execution makes the difference
- Open to work on oneself as a prospective entrepreneur
- Interested to further accelerate on proper accelerators or continue to bootstrap on its idea
- Keen to get investment-ready (Pre-seed or Seed)
What should you apply with?
“If you are a startup with an innovative idea or product using or wanting to add AI, want to work on launching a startup with an AI component, or have a great group of friends with whom you have fun with AI technologies, then this program is for you” — Virgil Ilian, Program Manager #BeAI Pre-Accelerator.
🏀 Started by you, as a startup using AI/ML or wanting to add AI/ML for the next 8-weeks – pre-accelerated with Bucharest AI.
🎳 Team gathered by you, with AI/ML skills (Python innit) – idea for a solution pre-accelerated with Bucharest AI.
🏓 Idea for a solution using AI/ML by you – team pre-accelerated with Bucharest AI.
We’re flexible. If you already have a startup or plan to start one; if you have a good idea for solving a great problem but lack the team; if you have a great bunch of peeps with whom you can build things but not convinced on what to build exactly — everyone is welcome, it all starts with You. – pre-accelerated with Bucharest AI.:)
*We support young people as well as working professionals. The Program’s working sessions will be arranged such a way you won’t miss school, work or other endeavours you may have.
No problem! Ideas are everywhere, execution matters the most.
Are you ready to work on yourself and an idea we pick together? Join us.
We aim flexibility so don’t need to leave your job, worry about going to class, or afraid of missing some other opportunity.
STARTUP IDEA & [NO] TEAM
Let’s get you investment-ready or bootstrap-ready.
Be prepared to make use of your discipline and condensing information skills. Connect, capture mentors feedback, and LEARN. At the end of the 3-months program, your startup should be on a clearer path, validated and onwards to catch attention from the outside public and prospects.
HOW DOES THE PROCESS LOOK FOR APPLICANTS?
- FILL IN INTEREST: NO IDEA; IDEA + NO TEAM; IDEA + TEAM – by September 30th, 2020.
- SELECTION – we check if there’s match coming both ways. – by October 1st, 2020.
- START PROGRAM – 8 teams, diverse backgrounds [high-school students, working professionals], a healthy mindset. – early October 2020.
Successful applications will receive 🍫, 🍪, 🍭 and also:
🥬 Equity-free support
🥦 Mentoring from 30+ top-line professionals (Google Developer Experts, AI Professors, EU Commission Officers on AI Programs, Digital and IP Lawyers, AI Strategy Consultants, AI Packaging of Ideas Experts, AI Pitch entrepreneurs, AI Hiring Managers, AI Investment Advisors and more) to help you set, achieve and grow objectives faster, smarter, better.
🍖 10 AI segments to grab underlying aspects from (Technical, Legal, Finance, HR, Marketing, Strategy and more, all AI-centered)
🍔 Option to join an Accelerator – Techcelerator, to the first 3 top performing AI startups in the Program
🌮 Option to pitch their startup during the DevFest global conference organized by Google Developers Group, October 17th
🍱 Option to receive a pre-seed up to €50,000 via convertible note from GapMinder
🥛 Option to access APIs and test applications from the pre-accelerator partner, Orange Romania
Check out our Partners & supporting Communities
We are committed to support everyone learning AI. That means high-school students, employees or anyone. Supporting each other by being mindful of each’s context it’s the success key towards having our ecosystem succeed.
Gender, race, and ethnicity. AI is for everyone, anywhere, anytime. What you say and do matters. Respecting each other, creates opportunity.
Your voice is our contribution. Make it productive. Be sure to speak with correct information and not mislead towards a false understanding.
Bucharest AI is joined in the #BeAI Pre-Acccelerator journey by top-line Mentors and Jury Members
Bucharest AI team
Co-founder & Strategy Lead
Products · Strategy · Emerging Tech · AI
Pre-Accelerator Program Manager
Senior Research · Strategy Consultant
Co-founder & MarCom Lead
Communication · External Affairs Expert
Team & Project Management
Technology · Logistics
AI Pre-Accelerator mentor coordinator
Google Developer Expert for Android
Project Ownership & Management
Ready to take your startup to the next level?
The #BeAI pre-accelerator is a unique opportunity for exceptional people in the region who want to grow alongside their idea and build an incredible AI-infused product while learning from the best and gaining access to essential information, technologies and a network of experts.
Join the first AI Pre-Accelerator in Romania